A Filipino national tested positive for A(H1N1) in Bahrain this week, Saudi-based online news site Arab News (www.arabnews.com) reported Thursday.
The report said the Filipino was among at least four foreign nationals who tested positive for A(H1N1) there this week.
"Since Monday, a Filipino, a Japanese and a Canadian citizen have tested positive for swine flu. All were coming to Bahrain from high-risk countries. All the patients have been kept in isolation at the Ebrahim Kanoo Health Center," the report said.
Dozens of A(H1N1) cases involving Filipinos, mostly contract workers, have earlier been reported in other countries, notably in Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
Two Filipinos, so far, have succumbed to A(H1N1) or swine flu last month, while the number of deaths related to the influenza strain have been reported in the Philippines.
Swine flu cases in the Philippines were last counted by the Department of Health on July 9 at 3,207, of which 2,975 of the patients have recovered.
The DOH stopped giving regular updates on swine flu after the World Health Organization ceased requiring countries to submit regular reports of individual laboratory-confirmed cases. - GMANews.TV