KAKAMMPI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAKAMMPI

The Official web forum of Kapisanan ng mga Kamag-anak ng Migranteng Manggagawang Pilipino, Inc.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official WebsiteOfficial Website  

Pinoy gets 6 months for forgery, theft in UAE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KAKAMMPI

Female Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Pinoy gets 6 months for forgery, theft in UAE Empty
PostSubject: Pinoy gets 6 months for forgery, theft in UAE   Pinoy gets 6 months for forgery, theft in UAE EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:34 pm

A Filipino hotel waiter in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been sentenced to six months in jail for stealing items from his workplace and forging a signature on a credit card receipt.

UAE-based news site Khaleej Times reported the 27-year-old Filipino, who was not named, was also ordered deported once he serves his jail term.

The UAE Court of First Instance convicted the Filipino last Thursday for stealing a credit card and ATM card issued by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), three mobile phones, a watch, four sunglasses and three iPod media players last July.

He was also found guilty of spending more than Dh1,300 (P16,495) with the stolen credit card at a supermarket.

Court records showed the Filipino forged the cardholder’s signature by signing on the purchase receipt.

An Indonesian waiter at the same hotel told prosecutors that on July 7, he left his bag in the fitting room while he was on duty.

“When I finished my shift in the morning, I went to check my stuff and I found my ADCB credit card, sunglass and money missing," the Indonesian said.

A call to his bank showed his card was used at in City Supermarket for
Dh1,372 (P17,408).

On July 9, he went with police to the supermarket and checked the closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage.

“I saw a Filipino using my card. I met that Filipino two days later in our company bus," the Indonesian told prosecutors. - GMANews.TV
| | More Share
Back to top Go down

Pinoy gets 6 months for forgery, theft in UAE
Page 1 of 1