Filipino travelers do not need a visa to visit at least 20 countries, according to information provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
These countries include most of the Philippines' Southeast Asian neighbors, but also Latin Americantourist destinations Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and Costa Rica.
GMA News Online requested the information from the DFA after noting widespread online glee several weeks ago over a Facebook post that listed about 60 countries where Filipinos can go visa-free.
After sending queries to Philippine embassies and consular posts, the DFA would only confirm 20 countries. But its public information office added that they are still waiting to hear from some overseas posts.
The information provided in the viral Facebook post supposedly came from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Qantas, Wikipedia, Visalink, and VisaHq.ph.
View Visa Policies towards Filipino Nationals in a larger map
According to data compiled by the DFA's Office of Consular Affairs, the following countries fall in the visa-free category, followed by the length of allowable stay by Filipinos:
• Bolivia - 60 day
• Brazil - 90 days (for holders of diplomatic, official, and service passports, visa-free for (a) duration of tour of duty or (b) 180 days for official business or tourism)
• Brunei - 14 days
• Costa Rica - 30 days
• Ecuador - 90 days
• Hong Kong SAR - 14 days
• Indonesia - 30 days
• Laos - 30 days
• Malaysia - 30 days
• Palau - 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return/onward plane ticket)
• Peru - 60 days
• Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
• Singapore - 30 days
• Thailand - 30 days
• Tuvalu - 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return /onward plane ticket)
• Vanuatu - 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return / onward plane ticket)
• Vietnam - 21 days
• Zambia - visa upon arrival; 3 months for tourism, 1 month for business
The DFA is still gathering visa information for the following countries:
• Sri Lanka
• United Kingdom