KAKAMMPI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAKAMMPI

The Official web forum of Kapisanan ng mga Kamag-anak ng Migranteng Manggagawang Pilipino, Inc.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official WebsiteOfficial Website  

Ovearseas Absentee Voting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KAKAMMPI

Female Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Ovearseas Absentee Voting Empty
PostSubject: Ovearseas Absentee Voting   Ovearseas Absentee Voting EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:09 pm

hi all.

the house of representatives approved yesterday on third and final reading house bill 3793.

me bill na bang naka file sa senado? parang wala pa ata.

last may 6, we met with senator pimentel to ask him to sponsor an oav amendatory bill, similar to hb 3209. we will follow up with the good senator on this.

as i mentioned in an earlier update, hb 3793 amends section 5d by extending oav rights to filipino immigrants and permanent residents from 3 to 7 years.

this means that if filipino immigrants, especially in the US, want to do away with the filing of an affidavit of intent to return as prescribed by law, first, they fast track their application for US citizenship, become dual citizens of the US and RP, then reacquire the filipino citizenship by virtue of RA9225 (dual citizenship law) and register as OAV voters sans compliance with the discriminatory provision. hmmmm... parang me mali sa logic nito????

let's continue to lobby our legislators of the merits of doing away with section 5d. contact your senators and lobby them now.

salamat.

ellene
Back to top Go down

Ovearseas Absentee Voting
Page 1 of 1