KAKAMMPI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAKAMMPI

The Official web forum of Kapisanan ng mga Kamag-anak ng Migranteng Manggagawang Pilipino, Inc.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official WebsiteOfficial Website  

M E D I A A D V I S O R Y

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KAKAMMPI

Female Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2008-01-06

M E D I A  A D V I S O R Y Empty
PostSubject: M E D I A A D V I S O R Y   M E D I A  A D V I S O R Y EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:26 pm

The Commission on Human Rights (CHR) graciously invite members of the Media to attend/cover the “Workshop on the Implementation of the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention Against Torture in the Philippines-- Establishing a National Preventive Mechanism” to be held on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 9:00 A.M., Royal Trader's Hotel, Manila.

The project is in collaboration with the BALAY Rehabilitation Center, the Association for the Prevention of Torture (APT), the Rehabilitation and Research Center for Torture Victims, and the Asia-Pacific Forum (APF).

It will be be interesting to know how the independent constitutional body, the government as well as the non-government institutions bring their acts together to prevent ill-treatment inside the country's detention centers. Aside from CHR Chairperson Leila M. De Lima, other speakers include Mr. Philippe Tremblay, Programme Officer, APT; Ms. Dorritt Ree Iverse, Programme Manager, Prevention of Torture and Organized Violence; Ms. Loreine Dela Cruz, Chairperson, BALAY Rehabilitation Center, Inc.

The Keynote Address will be delivered by His Excellency Eduardo Ermita, Executive Secretary and Chairperson of the Presidential Human Rights Committee (PHRC). Press Conference will immediately follow after the Executive Secretary's Speech.

Thank you very much and see you all there!
Back to top Go down

M E D I A A D V I S O R Y
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KAKAMMPI :: KAKAMMPI WEBCASTS :: News-
Jump to: